Please read the document carefully before accessing any of the Monroe College websites.
Information Automatically Collected
When you browse through any website, certain information about you may be collected. The categories of information that we collect directly from you include the following:
- Personal details (your name, date of birth)
- Contact details (your phone number, email address, postal address, mobile phone number for yourself, your parents or guardians, and/or other emergency contacts)
- Account details (a username and password)
- Transaction details (purchases made or responses to offers)
- Communications (your participation in message boards, forums, polls, surveys, written review, contact with a comment, question, or request)
- Gender identity, if you consent to provide such information by answering an optional question on a Residential Life housing form
- Immigration information (for international students - your passport and visa information)
- Employment information (a resume showing work history and job title)
- Your academic, housing, and extracurricular preferences
- Photographs for use in identification
- Emergency contact details (names of emergency contacts and their contact information; plus information about your next of kin)
In addition, we may generate some personal information about you in the context of your use of Monroe College websites. This may include your student identification number, a record of our interactions with you, and internal notes about your inquiry into our programs and services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Monroe College reserves the right to disclose collected information under special circumstances, such as in connection with judicial proceedings or if, in the sole discretion of the College, disclosure is necessary to protect the interests of Monroe College.
Monroe College has security measures in place to protect against the misuse, alteration or loss of information associated with its websites. However, due to the nature of the internet, there is no guarantee that any data transmitted can be completely secured. Therefore, any data is submitted at your own risk.
Confidentiality and Integrity of Personal Information
The College is strongly committed to protecting personal information collected through monroecollege.edu against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Consequently, the College limits employee access to personal information collected through Monroe College websites to only those employees who need it in the performance of their official duties. Employees who have access to this information follow appropriate procedures in connection with any disclosures of personal information.
In addition, the College has implemented procedures to safeguard the integrity of its information technology assets, including, but not limited to, authentication, authorization, monitoring, auditing, and encryption. These security procedures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of our websites as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information. For website security purposes and to maintain the availability of Monroe College websites for all users, the College employs software to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise damage the websites.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we store about you and to alert us if that information needs to be updated or corrected in any way. You have the right to request that such information be deleted when it is no longer needed by the College.